We recommended BSE with a report titled Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE): Strong Growth Ahead on 29Mar2017 and an update report titled BSE: Growing Operating Income.
Based on the BSE FY18 results, let us try to see what FY19 can bring for BSE.
1. Increase in Listing Fees Income: BSE has reported listing fees of Rs. 51 crores in Q4FY18. Based on this, we can safely assume that FY19 should report listing fees income of Rs. 200 crores on the conservative basis. A further increase is also possible and dependent upon the increase in new listings in FY19.
2. Transaction Charge Income: There is a consistent increase in the transaction charges income for BSE over the last 5 years. We understand that transaction charge income is variable and linked with market activity. However, even if FY19 witnesses lower equity volume resulting in lower transaction charge income against Rs. 158 crores in FY18, the fall if any should be set off by a new source of income coming from mutual fund transaction charge income, which BSE started collecting from Q4FY18. For instance, BSE StAR mutual fund has collected Rs. 5.1 crores of transaction income in Q4FY18 and it is quite reasonable to assume that it will contribute Rs. 12-15 crores in FY19.
3. Operating Expenses: The FY18 other expenses for BSE was higher due to one time expense of Rs. 12 crores on building repairs and maintenance. Most likely, BSE operating expenses should remain under check at around Rs. 350 crores in FY19 as shown in table above.
4. Buyback and Dividend Updates:
a) Update on Buyback: Up to 4May18, BSE has bought back 9,14,400 equity shares out of total permissible maximum quantity 15,09,090 shares at an average rate of Rs. 804 per share.
b) Dividend: BSE has declared highest ever final dividend of Rs. 31 per share in addition to Rs. 5 paid as interim dividend. For FY18, total dividend is Rs. 36 per share which translates into 95% dividend payout ratio.
Note: FY19 estimates are prepared on a conservative basis where we have considered growth only in listing fees and decrease in income considered in most other types of income.
Dhruvesh Sanghvi is a Research Analyst registered with SEBI having registration No: INH000000875.
- Fresh Recommendation Reports: These reports are first-time initiation reports on the concerned stock. Usually these reports are followed by updates on the same.
- Update Reports: These reports include result update, event updates, annual report analysis and/or any other information that may be useful for the investor in relation to the concerned stock. Most of these update reports will have our current view on the same.
- Buy: This means buying the concerned stock at current market price.
- Buy on Dips: This means buying the concerned stock on the explained fall in price.
- Hold: This means holding the concerned stock until further update.
- Sell Partial: This means selling half of the existing position in the concerned stock.
- Exit: This means completely exiting the concerned stock.
4. Explanation of Indicative Target Price: Achievement of Target Price does not imply Exit / Sell Partial. We will explicitly release Exit/ Sell Partial Report at an appropriate time. If required, Indicative Target Price could be revised based upon business performance, market environment or any other important event.
DISCLOSURES by RESEARCH ANALYST UNDER SEBI (RESEARCH ANALYSTS) REGULATIONS, 2014 is as under:
1. Introduction: Prospero Tree Financial Services is an independent equity research proprietorship firm of Mr Dhruvesh Sanghvi.
2. Business Activity: Prospero Tree Financial Services is committed in providing honest views, opinions and recommendations on financial markets opportunities.
3. Report Written by: Dhruvesh Sanghvi
4. Disciplinary History: None
5. Terms & Conditions: https://www.prosperotree.com/termsofuse
6. Details of Associates: Not Applicable
Disclosure with regards to ownership and Material Conflicts of Interest:
1. Neither Dhruvesh Sanghvi, Prospero Tree Financial Services, its associates, its Research analysts hold any position in the subject company.
2. Neither Dhruvesh Sanghvi, Prospero Tree Financial Services, its associates, Research Analysts, nor its relatives, have more than 1% ownership of the subject company at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of this report.
3. Neither Dhruvesh Sanghvi, Prospero Tree Financial Services, its associates, Research Analyst nor its relatives, has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report or at the time of public appearance.
Disclosure with regards to Receipt of Compensation:
1. Neither Dhruvesh Sanghvi, Prospero Tree Financial Services or its associates, or Research Analyst has received any compensation or other benefits from the subject company or the third party in connection with the research report in past twelve months.
2. Neither Dhruvesh Sanghvi, Prospero Tree Financial Services or its associates, or Research Analyst have managed or co-managed public offering or securities for the subject company in past twelve months.
1. The Research Analyst has not served as an officer, director, or employee of the subject company.
2. The Research Analyst is not engaged in market making activity for the subject company.