We had recommended Jagran Prakashan on 22Mar18 with the report titled Jagran Prakashan: Numero Uno in Print Media. Below is the small update on the same.
On 24th April 2018, Jagran Prakashan board has approved the buyback of 1,50,00,000 (1.5 crores) equity shares at a price of Rs.195 per share under tender offer method. This represents 4.82% of total outstanding equity capital. Being a high cash generating company and having good cash surplus on balance sheet, Jagran Prakashan will utilize Rs.292.50 crores to buyback its own shares from its internal accruals and will not have to borrow funds in any form for paying the buyback consideration. On the procedural front, Jagran Prakashan has sought the approval of shareholders for buyback of shares through the special resolution.
Good Capital Allocation: As mentioned in our earlier report, Jagran Prakashan consistently generates a large surplus of cash every year and has shown capacity to utilize it well for its shareholders by deploying the surplus funds either for acquisition / expansions or for retiring the most expensive source of fund i.e. owners fund by launching buyback.
The proposed buyback is in line with the good capital allocation strategy that the company has been following.
Past Buyback Data:
Past Acquisitions and Expansions:
- Fresh Recommendation Reports: These reports are first-time initiation reports on the concerned stock. Usually, these reports are followed by updates on the same.
- Update Reports: These reports include result update, event updates, annual report analysis and/or any other information that may be useful for the investor in relation to the concerned stock. Most of these update reports will have our current view on the same.
- Buy: This means buying the concerned stock at current market price.
- Buy on Dips: This means buying the concerned stock on the explained fall in price.
- Hold: This means holding the concerned stock until further update.
- Sell Partial: This means selling half of the existing position in the concerned stock.
- Exit: This means completely exiting the concerned stock.